It’s been a little over 4 months since The Green Cause has formed. Here’s a recap of our progress:
- We have on-boarded over 20 members, who are either in the researching or lesson making phase.
- Two groups have finished making their presentations.
- We have contacted 10 different schools and made a spreadsheet with over 30 teachers
- Created a this very website
- We now have an Instagram page!
- Give us a follow @thegreencause
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, it has been difficult to gain direct contact with certain schools. Not only has it been difficult to coordinate with teachers, but it’s been harder to reach out to other students. That is why we seeked out other opportunities, such as participating in the Youth Development Panel at the International Center for Sustainable Development (ICSD) conference to gain recognition. Our current goals are to further develop the website, contact more schools, and to recruit more members.
In the future, we hope The Green Cause members will be able to present their lessons in person, and we’ll be able to reach out to schools that are further away.
Hope you are interested in seeing what we do next!
Frida Ruiz and Bianca Palomino